How to Use a Washer – Step-by-Step Guide
- Separate Your Laundry. Sorting your laundry into different piles based on fabric type and color is step number one. ...
- Choose the Right Washing Cycle. ...
- Set the Water Temperature. ...
- Add Detergent and Fabric Softener. ...
- Load the Washing Machine. ...
- Turn on the Washer. ...
- Clean Your Washing Machine.
- Can you put detergent directly in washer?
- Where does detergent go in washing machine?
- How many clothes should I put in the washing machine?
- Do you put the plastic cup in the washing machine?
- Can I use a new washing machine straight away?
- Should I leave the washing machine door open?
Can you put detergent directly in washer?
A high-efficiency (HE) washer usually has a drawer that slides out from the front of the machine with special compartments for liquid or powder HE detergent, as well as for bleach and fabric or water softeners. ... Unlike liquids or powders, these should be placed directly in the drum of the washer.
Where does detergent go in washing machine?
For the best results, make sure you put the detergent and softener into the right sections of your detergent drawer. The powder detergent goes into the largest section of the drawer, usually on the left hand side. If in any doubt, check your washing machine's manual.
How many clothes should I put in the washing machine?
The general rule of thumb is that you should add clothes until the machine is about two-thirds full. That's two-thirds of loosely packed clothes, so don't try to pack as many clothes as you can in that area either.
Do you put the plastic cup in the washing machine?
Apparently, laundry detergent cups can simply be thrown into the washing machine with your clothes. If you look at yours, it probably says so right on the bottom of the cup: “Toss in wash or rinse and let dry.” ... The cup's thin plastic can be easily warped by the washer's high spin speeds if it's in there too often.
Can I use a new washing machine straight away?
Should You Run a New Washing Machine Empty First? Yes you should always run a new washing machine empty first to ensure that it is as clean as possible. This process is similar to the way in which you would wash any plates or cutlery before you use them for the first time once you have bought them.
Should I leave the washing machine door open?
Here's a trick many people don't know: you should always leave your washer door open when the appliance is not in use. After a load of laundry, propping the lid open will allow moisture to escape and prevent mildew from building up inside the drum of your washing machine.