- Pull quarter-sized pieces of clay off of the block and knead one between your hands to warm it up.
- Use two hands to roll each piece into a ball.
- Thread the balls onto a bamboo skewer to create holes in each bead.
- Bake at 275 for 15-20 minutes, then let cool.
- Thread each bead onto a length of leather cording.
- Can you make beads with air dry clay?
- How do you make an air dry clay necklace?
- Which clay is best for making jewelry?
Can you make beads with air dry clay?
Clay beads are simple and fun to make. They make great statement jewelry, charms, and key chains. You can make them using air-dry clay or polymer clay.
How do you make an air dry clay necklace?
They are really easy to make, just roll out some clay, cut out a small circle, about the size of a water bottle, drape over a pencil top, poke a hole in the top and let dry. Once dry, add jewelry findings and draw a face using a Sharpie fine point marker.. voila!
Which clay is best for making jewelry?
Recommendations. The best brands of polymer clay for making earrings and jewelry are Sculpey Premo, Fimo Professional, and Kato Polyclay. Or, if you want a softer clay with a matte finish, consider Sculpey Souffle. Additionally, if you want translucent and specialty colors, try Cernit.